If you’ve ever gone on a hiking date with someone, you know it can be an un-bear-able challenge to keep the mood light while you’re both sweating your butts off. But, with a few corny and funny hiking pick up lines, you can keep your hiking date entertained.
And if you play your cards right, you might even score a second date thanks to your awesome puns! After all, if your hiking boo smiles at your corny jokes, you know they’re a keeper!
In this article, I’m going to serve up 35 funny one-liners to try out on your next hike to help you get that happy ending you seek.
What You'll Learn
What Are (Hiking) Pickup Lines?
Before we dive into all the ways you can impress your hiking date while you’re out in the wilderness, let’s talk about what pick up lines are, and what they are not. Generally speaking, pick-up lines are chatty little one-liners – in this case hiking related – that open up a conversation and let someone know you are romantically interested in them.
These one-liners can be sweet, raunchy, corny, and everything in between. The goal is to make the person you’re interested in pay attention to you and want to continue the conversation with you. In essence, pick up lines are a fun and often very obvious ways to flirt with someone.
Hiking pick up lines are perfect for you to use on someone you know enjoys hiking. This is because the most successful pick-up lines are tailored to the person you’re trying to pick up… and shows them that you’re paying attention to their interests and personality. When they can see this, it gives you a greater chance of success at landing a date than a generic pick up line.
Remember that because pick up lines are defined as being light-hearted and even sometimes cheesy, they are the most appropriate to use during light conversations or as a fun way to break the ice. This means that using pick up lines while you’re hiking can be perfect. Why? Because we usually go on hikes to have fun and enjoy ourselves without having conversations that are too serious!
The most effective way to use a hiking pick-up line is to make sure the person you want to use it on will enjoy it – because believe it or not, not everyone loves a cheesy one-liner! If you don’t already know, you should spend some time feeling up their personality. You don’t want to inadvertently offend them.
If you’re on your first hiking date, we suggest using the first half of your climb to talk and get to know each other better. A little Q&A goes a long way. And if they seem like a silly person who loves puns, go crazy with your hiking pick up lines on the way down from the summit!
What Hiking Pickup Lines SHOULD NOT Be
Pick up lines should not be used for potentially serious relationships, or when deep feelings already exist. If you approach your potential love interest and try to woo them with deep poetry or a heartfelt song – that might be sweet and romantic, and it might help you get a date if the person you’re talking to is a strong, silent type.
35 Funny Hiking Pick Up Lines
As promised, he’s my list of 35 very funny hiking pickup lines for 2022 that will help you score big next time you want to impress your hiking paramour.
- Are you a mountain? Because I can’t seem to get over you.
- Can you help me find the trail that leads to your heart?
- Did you pack a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- Are you a maple tree? Because I’d tap that.
- Are you poison oak? Because I’m itching to get to know you better.
- If you were an unmarked hiking trail, would you let me explore you?
- You’re so gorgeous, even the leaves are falling for you.
- Want to go mushroom hunting with me after our hike? You should say yes because I’m a real fungi.
- Ain’t no mountain high enough to keep me from getting to you, babe.
- Are you a 15-mile hike? Because you just took my breath away.
- I need to get hiking boots with more traction – because I just fell for you.
- Hey babe, do you know what this rain jacket is made out of? Girlfriend material.
- Hey baby, your hiking boots are untied. Are you saying you want to tie the knot?
- Are you insect repellant? Because I’m buggin’ over how cute you are.
- This headlamp isn’t the only thing getting turned on tonight.
- Are you a campfire? Because you’re smokin’ hot and I want you to keep me warm all night after this hike.
- Is that a stalagmite formation, or are you just happy to see me?
- Are you a mountain climber? Because you’ve really peaked my interest.
- Mind if I slip my rope under your route?
- Can I be your hiking socks? Because I want to be with you every step of the way.
- I’ve got all the gear you’ll ever need to be your real mountain man, if you catch my drift. (Best used when followed by a wink!)
- Your legs must be tired. You’ve been hiking through my mind all day.
- Can I borrow your water filter? Because you’re making me think impure thoughts.
- Is that a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself climbing in your pants.
- Your batteries must be low after hiking all day. Will you let me recharge them for you?
- I don’t know if it’s from this hiking, or if it’s from you… But my heart just skipped a beat.
- Are you a GPS? Because I’d be lost without you.
- Does this trail lead to Heaven? Because that’s where you belong.
- If I gave you my hiking boots, would you step into my life?
- Aside from being a model for hiking gear, what else do you do for a living?
- We should do some endurance training tonight to see if we can improve our hiking times.
- You should hold my hand in case I slip and waterfall for you.
- Wanna be in a belay-tionship with me? Or will I have to rope you into it?
- The first time I saw your hiking shoes, I knew we were sole-mates.
- Are you a can of bear spray? Because you really spice things up around here.
Final Thoughts on Hiking Pick Up Lines
As you can see from our list, the nature is chock full of opportunities that can inspire you to come up with a cheesy joke related to hiking. These pick up lines are sure to get a laugh out of your love interest… not to mention hiking pick up lines can be great conversation starters, ice breakers or a way to break up long silences on your hike.
Just make sure you know your hiking partner well enough to be confident that they will enjoy a silly one-liner before you test one out. But most of all, have fun with this. Whether on a long walk together or an arduous hike, exercise is a great way to get the blood pumping… and these one-liners may just get something else going as well.