Getting outside is good for our physical and emotional health. Studies have shown that spending time in nature can decrease anxiety, improve moods and lower the risk of heart disease. So, once you are home from your epic adventure, it’s no surprise that you want to tell your friends and encourage them to enjoy the great outdoors too!
But finding just the right caption for social media posts can be challenging. No worries! We’ve got you covered. If you’re looking for the best hiking captions to enhance your next post, we’ve put together a fantastic list of over 100 of them!
A caption that makes your audience smile or laugh will always invite engagement. So if puns are your jam, we’ve compiled a short list to go with your amazing hiking-related photo.
- Feeling peaky, I might delete it later.
- Never take nature for granite.
- Leaf all your struggles behind.
- To summit up nicely, that was epic!
- I went for a hike and now I’m feeling pine.
- You won’t be-leaf this view!
- Actions always peak louder than words.
- I’m feeling good-natured.
- Let’s branch out a little.
- This view leafs me breathless.
- Time spent in the mountains is always snow much fun.
- I gotta get outside, come hill or high water.
A Few Words from the Experts
Sometimes a pithy quote from a well-known historical figure or a pop culture icon is exactly what you need to caption that incredible photo of nature. Here are twenty inspirational quotes about the benefits of getting outside and enjoying the great outdoors.
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”— John Muir
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” —Aristotle
- “There is pleasure in the pathless woods.” —Unknown
- “A little more altitude, a little less attitude.” –Unknown
- “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” –Conrad Anker
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.” –Unknown
- “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” –Mary Davis
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” –Unknown
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” —Edward Abbey
- “The best way out is always through.” –Robert Frost
- “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; you have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.”—Cindy Ross
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” — Unknown
- “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” –Unknown
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” –Harley King
- “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” –Dr. Seuss
- “There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.” –Beverly Sills
- “I was amazed that what I needed to survive could be carried on my back. And, most surprising of all, that I could carry it.” –Cheryl Strayed, Wild
Keep It Simple
If your goal is to encourage others to prioritize hitting the trails, sometimes a simple caption is your best bet. A gorgeous photo of your latest hike pairs well with fewer words.
- More hikes, less worries.
- Wake up, it’s adventure time.
- On a date with nature. Brb.
- I’m just a hiker at heart.
- Sky above. Trail below. Happiness in my heart.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a park pass.
- The most enjoyable views come after the most difficult climbs.
- Do what feels good for your mind.
- The biggest pinnacle you have to summit is the one you’ve created in your head.
- For the sake of your own health, venture out.
- Girls move mountains.
- Hiking is my happy place.
- Move the body, nourish the soul.
- Took the scenic route.
- Never stop exploring.
- Life is better when you’re hiking.
- The trails are calling, and I must go.
- Life should have more hikes and less stress.
- Hiking my way to better views.
- A walk in the woods is always a good idea.
- Take a hike.
- Wake up. Wander. Wonder. Sleep. Repeat.
- Reaching the summit is optional. It’s the climb that matters.
- Exploring is fuel for the soul.
- Feels good to be wandering in the right direction.
- I’ve discovered the fountain of youth. It’s hiking.
- Views for days.
- Hiking hair don’t care.
- A bad day of hiking beats the best day working.
- Of all the paths you take in life, make sure some are through the woods.
- Get a little dirt on your boots.
- There’s no such thing as too much nature.
- Nothing to lose and an amazing view to gain.
- Playing outside is cheaper than therapy.
- Over the hill is a fabulous place to be.
- Let’s go where there is no Wi-Fi.
- I’m all about that hiking life.
- Embrace the ups and downs.
- A human’s best medicine is a long walk in the woods.
- Head for the hills.
- Happiness is hiking with my bestie.
- A hike is the best way to start the day.
- I’ll choose hiking boots over heels every single time.
- Going to the mountains feels like going home.
- All I need is a cool breeze and a forest full of trees.
- Go outside. No Wi-Fi required.
- If anyone needs me, I’ll be where the wild things are.
- Life is short. Hike while you can.
- Climbing that mountain looked difficult, but I got over it.
- I’m hitting the trails and I’m ready for an amazing adventure.
- Sometimes a change of scenery can change everything.
- You can’t get a view like this from staying indoors.
- All remarkable things are wild and free.
- Keep calm and climb the next mountain.
- Dear Mountains, I can’t stop thinking about you.
- Until further notice, I’ll be hiking.
- Take me into the woods.
- The fastest way to win my heart is to take me for a hike.
- Feeling low? Go to the mountains.
- Insect repellant is nature’s cologne.
- I’m going back to my roots.
- Mother Nature, you’re my kind of girl!
- Go to the place where you feel most alive.
- At times like these, you just gotta go outside.
- I’m trailblazing through the weekend.
- The mountains called and I said, “I’m on my way!”
- Challenging paths often lead to breathtaking destinations.
- Every summit is within reach if you’ll just keep climbing.
- It’s all downhill from here!
Funny Thoughts on the Best Hiking Captions
There’s no denying that hiking benefits your mental and physical health. Research has shown that exercising outdoors helps us have a more positive attitude, fuels our creativity, and improves muscle strength and endurance.
Breathing in fresh mountain air and appreciating the beauty of nature is worth the effort. Letting the world know how much fun you had hiking by sharing your experience online will hopefully inspire others to play outside too. It takes time and patience to find the words that resonate with your audience, but it will come.
We hope you discovered the perfect caption for your next hiking-related social media post. If you’d like more lists with inspiring quotes, check out this article on endurance quotes. And if you’re in the market for suggestions for a playlist to enjoy on your next run (or hike), you won’t want to miss this gem.